The MACESS Network
MACESS is linked to the research activities of Network members. These resources help develop the specific knowledge base in the social professions and act as significant assets for identifying student tutors and supervisors. The comparative social research centres at the two leading institutions include: <
- The Comparative, European Social Research & Theory Research Centre (CESRT) at Zuyd University of Applied Sciences in Maastricht;
- The Human Rights and Social Justice Research Institute, the Centre for Social and Evaluation Research, and the Child and Women Abuse Studies Unit at London Metropolitan University.
The European-wide MACESS academic network co-operates with social welfare organisations, NGOs and professional bodies to ensure practice and professional standards in the Course. The liaison with professional bodies is particularly important because of the professional qualification component in the higher education of social professionals.
Our contacts also provide us with sites/cases for student research. MACESS holds structural links (e.g. membership in scientific committees, co-publications, etc) with the following organisations and professional bodies:
- The Federation of European Social Educator Training (FESET);
- The European Association of Schools of Social Work (EASSW)
- The International Federation of Social Workers (IFSW)
- The International Association of Schools of Social Work (Iassw).
MACESS is highly regarded in the forums and MACESS lecturers are invited to lead seminars and give lectures on aspects of the profession and education in comparative European social studies.
- European Platform For Worldwide Social Work (EUSW)