All initial applications are made to Zuyd University of Applied Sciences via the online application form.
You will then, within three working days, be contacted by e mail. You will be asked to submit your diploma's and other credentials and a telephone interview will be arranged. Applicants are invited to apply if they hold a BA diploma or are still studying but planning to graduate before September.
- Good academic performance achieved at BA level (or equivalent) from an accredited University.
- Relevance of BA (e.g. social work, social pedagogy, sociology, cultural anthropology, political science, or equivalent) to comparative social studies.
- Developed level English language skills which implies the ability to communicate in English (orally and in written form) and which is proven by a TOEFL or IELTS or Cambridge ESOL test and a 2-3 page written piece of work.
If you meet the requirements you will be invited for an interview by telephone. The interview addresses the following main issues:
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of the social professions in that country;
- Motivation to undertake the course in Comparative European Social Studies;
- Interests in relation to a possible topic for their dissertation;
- Ability to find financial support to enable them to undertake the course;
- Suitability to cope with social/academic study demands at a post graduate level in another country.
- English language ability (both orally and in writing) and additional communication skills.
If you are a non-EU citizen you will probably need a visa to stay in the Netherlands for the duration of the course. For more information click here.
MACESS will accept applications throughout the year. Applicants will be informed about admittance within 4 weeks after submitting their application.